Some readings…Posted: September 28, 2011
Here is a short list of readings. I’m going to have to post my list of sites that feature exceptional writing later on today or tomorrow.
- Jakob Nielsen, How Users Read on the Web
- Jakob Nielsen, F-Shaped Pattern for Reading Web Content
- Jakob Nielsen, Long vs. Short Articles (this is a very interesting article that gets a little technical in spots but is worth reading anyhow – pay special attention to the section at the end about hyperlinks – this is what we were talking about Monday night)
- Bryan Clark, What’s the Difference Between Content Marketing and Copywriting? (Copyblogger is a very good site, very well written and very extensive. Keep in mind that the “normal” definition of “copywriting” is writing of advertising copy.)
- Denise Moorehead, Writing for the Web: Tips for Nonprofit Organizations (this article is targeted at nonprofits, but it’s a good general overview of some tips for writing for the web)